Energy Psychology grounds you, calms your emotions, and brings clarity to your mind. For that, it is not unique and can be done in a rote manner. However, when you watch master practitioners work, you realize that they have "a way with words" that dramatically improves the results they obtain with tapping.
You can “up your game” as a practitioner by learning how to select the words that match the client, the presenting problem, and the technique being used. This central part of “the art of delivery” is the theme of a new workshop by clinical psychologist David Feinstein, PhD and researcher Dawson Church, PhD, CEHP.
With the right words, you can guide yourself or your client on a journey that systematically and with precision:
- identifies problems and issues that are ripe for change or healing
- reinforces the self-acceptance that is, paradoxically, necessary for intended change to occur
- recognizes obstacles to change or healing
- methodically addresses and neutralizes those obstacles
- facilitates the change or the healing
- installs new visions, hope, inspiration, and strategies for the future
Guiding this process requires deep attunement with the client and a mindful use of language. Understanding how language originates in the brain and how traumatic events change the way the brain processes language gives a practitioner increased understanding of how to use words skilfully.